Sports Funding Allocation
The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The Government have spent over £450 million on this funding and are allocating further money beyond 2016.
At Ashton Hayes Primary School we believe that a varied PE curriculum has a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding has been spent in a number of ways to improve physical education and sport in our school. This includes:
2017 – 18
- Cost for iPEP assessment and planning tracker to support staff in the planning and assessing of high quality sports lessons
- Cost of specialised coaches to support with the teaching of gymnastics and dance
- Cost for membership of the Frodsham and Villages Sport Partnership
- Replenishing playground and swimming resources
- Updating school team kits (and sizes) to ensure that more children can compete in competitions
- Daily Mile track (over two years)
2018 – 19
- Further develop Daily Mile track usage, to include other specific events and activities
- Further develop outdoor learning and outdoor learning space
- Develop the use of a Sports Crew, to include Change for Life Ambassadors, Sports Ambassadors and Play Leaders
- Go for School Games Mark Gold
- Ensure wide range of sports on offer, to include new sports such as Duathlon and Tennis
2019 – 20
- Focus on curriculum progression, design a clear, progressive curriculum built on skill development and application of skills and tactics
- Further develop outdoor learning and outdoor learning space through specifc, tailored equipment
- Further evelop the use of a Sports Crew, to include Change for Life Ambassadors, Sports Ambassadors and Play Leaders
- Ensure continued School Games Mark Gold
- Ensure wide range of sports on offer, to include new sports such as Gymnastics and Yoga
In the document list below is the impact of the Sport Premium for 2017-18 and the key indicators and evidence for for this academic year. Please follow the links to see a copy of Frodsham and Villages Sport Partnership newsletter and the calendar of competitions and events for us to enter.
Click here for the Department of Education link to the Primary School’s Sport Funding page.